The aims of the Centre are:
1) Support and promote high quality research in mathematical and statistical methods for quantifying risk management and its applications to various problems arising in defence, finance, environmental management, industry, and other fields.
2) Foster collaborative research efforts between individuals and research teams within and outside the Centre.
3) Develop inter-disciplinary approaches to address problems in the area of quantitative risk management by fostering collaboration of researchers with different backgrounds including mathematics, finance, actuarial science, engineering, management, environmental science and psychology.
4) Complement and enrich the higher degree research training programs of the University of Adelaide.
5) Seek to attract funds from the public and private sectors to help support the University's research program.
6) Undertake research and consultancy activities on behalf of industry, Government, the community and the region.